Teeth x ray near me
A dental check up is a comprehensive dental examination of your teeth, gums, bite, and general oral health. We can also examine your mouth for signs of decay or gum disease. It’s important to keep up regular dental check ups as they can detect early signs of problems before they develop into something more serious.
The dental check up will help us assess your dental health and identify any areas where your oral hygiene needs improvement. It’s important to ensure that your teeth and gums are well maintained so that we can detect and treat problems before they become serious.
Your dental examination will involve a thorough examination of your teeth and gums. This will include assessing your bite, looking for any problems and recommending a suitable treatment plan.
A dental examination will include:
- A visual inspection
- Taking x-rays of your teeth
- Looking for signs of decay, cavities and gum disease
- Assessing the condition of your bite
- Performing a check on your temporomandibular joint
- Checking your teeth for wear and tear
- Checking for loose or missing teeth
- Testing your sensitivity
- Evaluating your bite and occlusion (the relationship of your teeth)
- Analysing your mouth air flow
- Making sure you don’t have a broken, cracked or chipped tooth
- Examining the rest of your mouth including your gums, tongue, lips and palate (the roof of your mouth)
- A dental examination can be used to diagnose and treat a range of conditions including:
- Gum disease
- Tooth decay
- Periodontal disease (gum disease)
- Tooth damage
- Malocclusion (a misaligned bite)
- Tooth wear
- Jaw pain
- Teeth grinding
- Tooth loss
- Temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ)
- Tooth abscesses
- Other issues
What will it involve?
During the consultation your dentist will:
- Introduce themselves
- Explain what the examination will involve
- Review your medical history
- Ask questions to establish your oral and general health
- Discuss treatment options
- Make recommendations
- Offer advice and guidance
- Set up a follow-up appointment
What you can expect
The consultation will usually take around 45 minutes. You may be asked to come in a few days in advance of your appointment if you need to get a dental X-ray done.
This is one of our most common treatments and we hope you’re able to get the smile you’ve always wanted!